Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The magaizine justification for, "The Telling of Two Lives

LWP
Magazine Entry Justification
sbrowder
11/14/07

I have chosen to submit my piece, “The Telling of Two Lives”, to the online magazine, Literary Mama. “Literary Mama features writing by mother writers about the complexities and many faces of motherhood.” [submissions]
LM features a section of creative non-fiction. They prefer previously unpublished work. Their format is ‘mama-centric writing…that may be too raw, complex, or ambiguous” for the mainstream publications. My piece is definitely my “raw” and “ambiguous” feelings concerning the ‘second’ birth of my son, when he “came out” to me as a gay man.
In my search for an intellectual and spiritual understanding of my life from that moment, I am hoping other parents will find a place of peace. I am sure my quest is not uncommon but more unspoken.
I plan to continue to write this story. It is a story like any story - bittersweet. I only wish I had been able to find such a story on the bookshelves when I so desperately needed another voice. This will be a shared journey for all mothers who love their children imperfectly but completely.

No comments: